2017-2018 Academic Year Scholarships and Awards
Who may apply?
Full-time graduate students currently majoring in Art at MU-Columbia, who also will be enrolled as full-time Art majors at MU-Columbia during the Fall 2017 semester. (Note: students in their final, graduating semester are exempt from the requirement of full-time enrollment.)
Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Donald Bartlett Memorial Scholarship
Full-time sculpture graduate student; one or more awards annually. Recipients must submit a portfolio of their work for review, with a written declaration of interest.
- Hazel S. Burney Art Scholarship
First preference is to award a scholarship to students majoring in Art. Up to 3 awards.
- Ann Hoffman Memorial Scholarship
Female MFA student; "Shall be talented, and shall have a specialty of photo print making or ceramics."
- Dorothy Rollins Memorial Scholarship (DEADLINE: TBA)
Graduate students in Painting and/or Drawing. Students must have completed at least 9 semester hours. For the 2017-2018 academic year, one award will be given to the eligible student who is most outstanding in the areas of Painting and/or Drawing. (The guidelines to apply for this scholarship are specific and unique. Please see Brenda Warren in A126 to pick up the Rollins Memorial Scholarship application form.
- Richard and Patricia Wallace Endowment for the Arts
Up to 3 awards will be given to students most notably demonstrating excellence in the field of Art.
- Verna Wulfekammer Art Doctoral Fellowship
One award will be given to an MFA student with a concentration of study in Fibers.
How do I apply?
The Deadline to submit all application materials is Friday, April 15, 2017, at 3:00 p.m. Please deliver your application materials to the Scholarship Committee box in room A126 Fine Art Building. Any materials submitted after the 3:00 p.m. deadline will not be accepted. (Rollins Scholarship Application should be returned to Brenda Warren in A126 Fine Arts Building)
All students interested in applying for the 2017-2018 Department of Art Scholarships & Awards must complete the following requirements, submitted on a flash drive or DVD along with a printed application form, and placed in an envelope (at least 6" x 9") with your name printed on the outside:
- Students may apply for more than one scholarship or award. Only one application form and one set of images are necessary to apply for multiple awards. You may list names of the scholarships you are applying for on the application form.
- You must submit no fewer than 5 but no more than 10 digital images of your original artwork, in jpeg format. Artwork must have been completed within the last two calendar years. Jpeg files must be 72 dpi, and sized to 1920 pixels in the longest dimension. You may submit the same images for multiple awards. Each image file must be titled in the following format: Your Last Name, Your First Name, Image Number, Title of Work.jpeg. (Example: John Smith is submitting six digital images for consideration. His first image file, Red Picture, would be saved as SmithJohn01RedPicture.jpeg.)